About This Blog

This blog started out as a fun blog about different projects I did with my kids, then it turned into a homeschooling blog, now...it's kind of both. I love doing activities with my kids and making fun things for them to play with. I'm a huge fan of busy bag activities and I am a mild hoarder, as I feel the need to save EVERYTHING, just in case I find a fun activity that requires egg cartons or something. Also, I have a slight obsession with felt. I hope you enjoy this blog and maybe find some inspiration in the randomness of it all. :)







Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Wow.  Trying to explain to my children why this day is so significant is harder than I thought it would be.  They are a little confused about why I get choked up trying to explain.  I'm also finding it a challenge to teach them about it without instilling fear.  I have the kinds of kids who would develop a fear of planes after hearing the details.  (Not that we fly...ever, [for other reasons] but still.  One day they will and I'd like for them to do so anxiety free.)  I still feel the need to teach them about this day.  About the lives lost and sacrifices made, and still being made.

So, in honor of 9-11, here are some resources that I found helpful.

Never Forget Notebooking pages
September 11 A Day to Remember Coloring Book
The Heroes Among Us & Remembering September 11th



No comments:

Post a Comment