About This Blog

This blog started out as a fun blog about different projects I did with my kids, then it turned into a homeschooling blog, now...it's kind of both. I love doing activities with my kids and making fun things for them to play with. I'm a huge fan of busy bag activities and I am a mild hoarder, as I feel the need to save EVERYTHING, just in case I find a fun activity that requires egg cartons or something. Also, I have a slight obsession with felt. I hope you enjoy this blog and maybe find some inspiration in the randomness of it all. :)







Saturday, December 14, 2013

Pinterest Inspired Idea

We go on a lot of road trips.  Long road trips.  So, I'm always looking for fun knew ideas to keep the kids occupied in the car...besides movies.  Movies while traveling are a lifesaver, but I do like them to do things that work their imaginations.  I found this idea on pinterest.
 http://ifonlytheywouldnap.wordpress.com/2013/12/04/handmade-gifts-for-boys-lego-lunchboxes-for-on-the-go-building/


When we travel we like to get the kids a new mini lego set.  The problem is, peices frequently fall on the floor or under carseats, which ends in either me having to find it or deal with a crying kid.  So, this was a pretty brilliant idea.  Normally I do legos for Lou as well.  But lately she has been really into Polly Pockets.  So, I decided to look for a little travel dollhouse.  I found a couple on the internet, but they were WAY more than I wanted to pay.  I ended up finding really cheap lunch boxes and thought, why not make my own travel dollhouse, and since I'm using lunch boxes for the boys, why not use one for Lou.  So, I googled free furniture clip art, and kitchen clip art and printed it out.  I also found website that has really cute free printable dollhouse wallpaper.    I printed it up, glued it in with glue dots and voila!  Travel doll house.  :)  Easiest project I've ever done.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously fabulous idea. You could probably apply this to other things as well. If they are tin lunch boxes you could do magnet game boards inside of them, or tick tack toe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Along the same lines, someone suggested doing magnetic furniture and wall hangings. I thought that was an awesome idea. :) The games would be fun too.

    ReplyDelete