About This Blog

This blog started out as a fun blog about different projects I did with my kids, then it turned into a homeschooling blog, now...it's kind of both. I love doing activities with my kids and making fun things for them to play with. I'm a huge fan of busy bag activities and I am a mild hoarder, as I feel the need to save EVERYTHING, just in case I find a fun activity that requires egg cartons or something. Also, I have a slight obsession with felt. I hope you enjoy this blog and maybe find some inspiration in the randomness of it all. :)







Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Colors-Tuesday

J has his colors down, but L has no desire to learn which color is which. So, it's a challenge to find something fun to motivate her. If anyone has any thoughts on that let me know.

Circle Time:

Colors (Sung to: Head, Shoulder, Knees, and Toes)

Red, yellow, green and blue green and blue
Red, yellow, green and blue green and blue
Purple, orange, brown and black
Red, yellow, green and blue green and blue

(I had a crayon for each color and held it up as we sang each one.)

Our Primary Colors (from Children’s Songbook of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints)

Our Primary colors are one, two, three—
Red, yellow, and blue.
Each one has a message for you and me.
Each is a symbol true!
Red is for courage to do what is right,
Yellow for service from morning till night.
Blue is for truth in our thought and our deed.
We will be happy when this is our creed.

Think and Do:

For J I printed out some color worksheets.

For L:

We have colored blocks. Some are solid colors, others are colored with patterns on them. I chose some solid colors and put them in a bin. Then I held up colors one at a time and said the color and her repeat it. Then I put them back in and asked her to pick out specific colors. J wanted to participate as well, so to make a bit of a challenge for him, I used the blocks with patterns on them and had him pick out certain blocks. For example, the yellow block with blue squares on it. It helped him learn shapes while we were at it. :)

Arts and Crafts:
I made it pretty simple today and just got out my colored stamp pads (I have red, green, and purple) and let them stamp different colored animals.

Snack Time:
I don't normally try to tie snack time into the weekly theme, but today I decided it would be fun. So here was our snack pallet.




Story Time:
Green Eggs and Ham
Bow-Wow's Colorful Life


Music and Movement:We re-sang our circle time songs. Then I put on a song that they could really move to, just to let them get some energy out.

No comments:

Post a Comment