About This Blog

This blog started out as a fun blog about different projects I did with my kids, then it turned into a homeschooling blog, now...it's kind of both. I love doing activities with my kids and making fun things for them to play with. I'm a huge fan of busy bag activities and I am a mild hoarder, as I feel the need to save EVERYTHING, just in case I find a fun activity that requires egg cartons or something. Also, I have a slight obsession with felt. I hope you enjoy this blog and maybe find some inspiration in the randomness of it all. :)







Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Letter D

Circle Time:

Dinosaurs, Dinosaurs(Sung to "Row, row, row your boat)
Dinosaurs, Dinosaurs Eating fruits and leaves
Take a bite, chew it up and spit out the seeds (Make spitting sound)

Days of the Week(Sung to Alouette or Oh My Darling Clemantine)
Sunday, Monday,Tuesday-Wednesday-ThursdayFriday, Saturday,And let's begin again.Sunday, Monday,Tuesday- Wednesday-Thursday,Friday, Saturday,And that will be the end

Two Little Ducks
Two little ducks. . .sitting on a hill
One named Jack . .. one named Jill
Fly away Jack. . .fly away Jill
Come back Jack. . .come back Jill

Think and Do:

D is for Dinosaur
Letter D worksheet and mini book

Arts and Crafts:

We will be making drums out of formula cans or hot cocoa cans.
-Cover outside of can with colored construction paper.
-Glue lid on.
-Let kids color or add stickers or glue things on.
-Use unsharpened pencils as drum sticks.

Story Time:

Go, Dog. Go. by P.D. Eastman
The Digging-est Dog by Al Perkins
Frog Went A-Dancing by Lissa Rovetch (this is a book I got from Kindermusik.)

Music and Movement:

Use our drums to drum to the beat of the music. We will most likely be using the Chicka, Chicka, Boom, Boom CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment