About This Blog

This blog started out as a fun blog about different projects I did with my kids, then it turned into a homeschooling blog, now...it's kind of both. I love doing activities with my kids and making fun things for them to play with. I'm a huge fan of busy bag activities and I am a mild hoarder, as I feel the need to save EVERYTHING, just in case I find a fun activity that requires egg cartons or something. Also, I have a slight obsession with felt. I hope you enjoy this blog and maybe find some inspiration in the randomness of it all. :)







Friday, September 17, 2010

Our Under The Sea Wall

So far this has been the kids favorite theme. Jacob has become obsessed with sharks and whales. We are planning to take a trip to an aquarium some time next week so he can see a real shark.
This project really requires a whole week I think. It was a challenge to get several fish on the wall in just two days. We had an extra long arts and crafts segment both days. They didn't mind because it's their favorite part, but it would have been easier for me to have a couple more days. We started out by painting the water. I have a big roll of white, easel paper I just rolled out and cut a piece the length of the table. Then I gave them some blue finger paint, a bunch of different sized paint brushes, sponges, etc and let them go to town. I helped here and there, but they mostly did it themselves. When they were done with the blue I put a few splotches of green at the bottom for them to spread around as sea weed.

Here are some individual pictures of our Under the Sea wall additions.

Rainbow fish



Hand print fish.
(I hesitated to post these ones because they turned out so goofy looking.)


Hand print and pipe cleaner sea weed.
(I couldn't get a clear picture, but there is also sea weed painted on by the kids. It looks really neat all together.)


Thumb print fish.


Sharks.

I'm actually sad this theme is over. I am for sure doing this one again. I would like to have added star fish, sea horses and sea shells. I also didn't get time to do my sea shell craft with all the shells we collected. I may have to extend it another week. I can't decide.

1 comment:

  1. That's such a fun idea! I'm going to have to do this with my girls. I like the hand print fish. They sort of look like jelly fish or an octopus.

    ReplyDelete