About This Blog

This blog started out as a fun blog about different projects I did with my kids, then it turned into a homeschooling blog, now...it's kind of both. I love doing activities with my kids and making fun things for them to play with. I'm a huge fan of busy bag activities and I am a mild hoarder, as I feel the need to save EVERYTHING, just in case I find a fun activity that requires egg cartons or something. Also, I have a slight obsession with felt. I hope you enjoy this blog and maybe find some inspiration in the randomness of it all. :)







Thursday, August 26, 2010

Butterfly Masks


This is the craft we did today. The kids had a lot of fun making these and were so proud of them when they finished.

I think they turned out awesome. :) I know in my original instructions I said to glue the stick off to the side, but I found that will only work if you use something a little sturdier than card stock...like cardboard...or particle board. haha. But it worked just fine with the stick in the center.

Some other fun letter B activities:

-Footprint (or hand print) Butterfly

-Binoculars Once binoculars are put together, I plan to let the kids decorate them with markers and stickers. But here are some other variations that older kids might like better.

http://www.dltk-teach.com/rhymes/lionhunt/mbinoculars.htm

http://familycrafts.about.com/cs/toystomake/a/blbinocr.htm

-Bubble Paper

Another variation would be to poor bubble solution into a few separate cups and add different colors of food coloring to each one. Then let the kids blow bubbles onto white paper letting the bubbles settle and pop on the paper making different designs. This is the one I plan to try. I will probably do it on poster board outside on the lawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment