About This Blog

This blog started out as a fun blog about different projects I did with my kids, then it turned into a homeschooling blog, now...it's kind of both. I love doing activities with my kids and making fun things for them to play with. I'm a huge fan of busy bag activities and I am a mild hoarder, as I feel the need to save EVERYTHING, just in case I find a fun activity that requires egg cartons or something. Also, I have a slight obsession with felt. I hope you enjoy this blog and maybe find some inspiration in the randomness of it all. :)







Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Thursday Schedule

Topic: Letter B (We did A on Tuesday.)

Circle Time: Show letter Bb. B stands for balloons, bumble bee and bubbles.
Sing a few selected songs or nursery rhymes.

Blowing Up Balloons-
This is the way we blow up our balloon (put hands together at mouth)
Blow up our balloons, blow up our balloons. (spread hands wider and wider)
Oh, oh, uh-oh! (clap loudly) my balloon burst!


Bringing Home a Baby Bumble Bee

The Bubble Song

(for lyrics to these songs go here.)

Think and Do:

Letter B worksheet and and mini b-book.

Arts and Crafts:

Hand Held Butterfly Mask
Print Butterfly template on card stock or colored paper.
hold butterfly up to each child's face and mark about where there eyes are with a pencil. Cut out eye holes and then let them decorate the butterfly with crayons, buttons, feathers, stickers, colored pasta etc. glue or tape a craft stick or unsharpened pencil to the back. (preferably to the side so they can hold it up to their face with out it being in the way of their little noses.) You could also decorate it with ink pad thumbprints or paint.

(This idea was from the first-school website. I couldn't find the exact link though.)

I also have a coloring page of a bumble bee if they want to color.

Story Time:

The Berenstein's B book

Dr. Seuss ABC's

Music and Movement:
I usually play one of my kindermusik CDs and sing and dance along. I try to pick action songs, but sometimes they just like to dance and go crazy, which is fine. I will play some alphabet songs and blow bubbles. They can dance and pop bubbles at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment