About This Blog

This blog started out as a fun blog about different projects I did with my kids, then it turned into a homeschooling blog, now...it's kind of both. I love doing activities with my kids and making fun things for them to play with. I'm a huge fan of busy bag activities and I am a mild hoarder, as I feel the need to save EVERYTHING, just in case I find a fun activity that requires egg cartons or something. Also, I have a slight obsession with felt. I hope you enjoy this blog and maybe find some inspiration in the randomness of it all. :)







Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Daily Schedule

Here is an example of our schedule. We don't do it every day. I plan stuff for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, and one of those days is often kindermusik (which we love and I highly recommend). I try to start the same time each day, but it doesn't always work out that way. Which I guess is one of the benefits of homeschooling. Still, I realize that consistency is important when it comes to kids, so I try start as close to 10am as possible. Anyhoo...here is my schedule:

Circle Time: 5-10 minutes
Think and Do: (this is where I try to teach a specific concept. ie, up/down, in/out, letters, etc. You get the idea.) 10-15 minutes
Arts and Crafts: 15-20 minutes
Potty break/wash up
Snack Time:15 minutes
Outside Play: 20 minutes
Story Time: 15 minutes
Music and Movement: 10 minutes
Potty Break
Free Play/Clean Up: 30-40 Minutes


I don't really stick to the time amounts either. If the kids are antsy and I'm losing their attention I move on. If they are really liking something we are doing, I will spend more time, but it typically takes about 2 hours from start to finish. So far they have been doing really well. Lulu often wanders off to do her own thing and I let her. But Jacob really likes the structured time and I notice a major difference behaviorally on days we do this. The only reason I don't do it every day is because the planning prep. for each day is pretty time consuming. I have to spend at least 2 weekdays cleaning and taking care of other things. Anyhoo...there ya have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment