About This Blog

This blog started out as a fun blog about different projects I did with my kids, then it turned into a homeschooling blog, now...it's kind of both. I love doing activities with my kids and making fun things for them to play with. I'm a huge fan of busy bag activities and I am a mild hoarder, as I feel the need to save EVERYTHING, just in case I find a fun activity that requires egg cartons or something. Also, I have a slight obsession with felt. I hope you enjoy this blog and maybe find some inspiration in the randomness of it all. :)







Thursday, August 26, 2010

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom

"A told B and B told C
I'll meet you at the top of the coconut tree."

I read this book to the kids today. It was a HUGE hit. They made me read it twice. It's a really fun ABC book written by Bill Martin, Jr. and John Archambault. However, you have to have a sense of rhythm if you want to read it effectively. haha. My book actually came with a CD. It has a main reader (Ray Charles) and a few other readers, including kids. Not annoying kids either. It's really cute. So, if you don't have good rhythm, I recommend getting the one with the CD.
One fun suggestion I read that you can do with this book is print out a picture of a coconut tree and tape it to a metal baking sheet. Then, use alphabet magnets and put them in the tree as you read the story. You can also let the kids try and to it or just let them play with the magnets.

No comments:

Post a Comment